Henry turns 6 months old next week and the plan with food was always that if he was showing signs of being ready, to let him have a little something on Christmas Day when he was a little over 5 and a half months (before anyone comments with WHO recommendations….I know). According to Babycentre, the signs are:
- He can hold his head up – check!
- He sits well – check! He’s almost unsupported now cleaver little man.
- Makes chewing motions – check, poor kid stares and copies like he’s starved!
- Has gained a healthy weight – definately check….he’s almost the same weight as his 2 year old sister!
- Is curious about what you’re eating – does lauching himself at the plate to grab your food count as curious? It does? Then check.
- Has good coordination – check; everything seems to be headed into this kids mouth so he definately has the hand / eye coordination thing down.