These are so cute. Perfect for mums who maybe don’t have space to display big pictures. These sweet little love heart magnets are quick, easy and fun to make and are a great handmade Mother’s Day option.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Love Heart Magnets: available from Baker Ross, these are great to use as the foundation for so many handmade gift ideas.
- Decorations: we raided our stash for a mixture of stick on flower gems and some coloured jewels. These pom poms, self adhesive flowers and self adhesive gems are the ones we used, but you can literally use anything. Gems, stickers, glitter, photos….let your creativity run free.
- Paint: not much is needed, but as the magnets are a natural wood colour the paint is an optional extra.
- Brushes: this one kind of goes without saying seeing as we’re using paint to add a bit of foundation colour.
- A Tablecloth: I use a tablecloth in most of our crafts if there is a chance of things getting a little messy. Our new favourite is an oilcloth from Messy Me. We also have a set of their aprons which we use in all our messy crafts.
- An optional material that we didn’t need is glue for any decorations that aren’t self-adhesive.
WHAT WE DID
First of all, we added a bit of colour. As this is the Bear – who is pink mad – the colour paint we used was a given. The material of the wooden hearts absorbs paint quickly, so as long as you don’t add too thick a layer you don’t need to wait before sticking or gluing on your decorations.
You then just have to leave them to decorate and add their own personal bling.
The Bear wasn’t so keen on the pom poms in practice, and simply enjoyed sticking on flowers. However, Henry had enough pom pom love for the both of them. What is not pictured is him running up and down the living room, launching them across the room hollering ‘ball’.
Darcie really enjoyed this though and was especially proud of her Love Heart Magnet. To the point where it is already proudly displayed on our fridge and she couldn’t wait to show Daddy as soon as he came home.
This is perfect for mummies like who love to display their gifts loud and proud and enjoy looking at them each day. Not too big, this is a lovely handmade gift idea that can easily be added to the fridge art wall of fame.
For more handmade gift ideas, check out our post: A Handmade Mother’s Day.
As an added extra, anyone looking to build up their craft stash, then Tippytupps followers can get a whopping 25% off your basket on the Baker Ross website. Just by use discount code VICKI25 at the checkout. Enjoy!!