I am unashamedly excited to be nominated for my first ever Liebster Award. Yep – I am that person that still gets excited that someone actually reads this blog; let alone wants to point me out at all.
So first of all a big big thank you to Jacqui from over at littlebunnyandbear , if you don’t follow her already you really really should or as a minimum go check it out.
Now I’ll be completely honest that when I was first tagged in this I had no idea what is was *hangs head in shame* but with a quick Google search I can see it is a way of discovering, sharing and supporting small blogs and encouraging them to keep going (hurrah!).
I found quite a few variations of rules to follow so I will be sticking to the original ones in my nomination so:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Include the instructions in your post
- Answer the 11 questions set out for you by the nominator
- Display the award logo in your post
- Nominate up to 11 fellow blogger with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominations
Notify all your nominees using social media.
Questions from littlebunnyandbear answered here….some of these took some real thinking before answering:
1. Real Christmas tree or fake? And why!
Real!!!! I love the smell, the shape, the process of going along each year and picking a tree of the house (sometimes it’s the ‘perfect’ tree and sometimes it’s because I feel sorry for them). Each tree gets its own name (this year we had Chuck Norris) and even having to hoover and clear away the trillions of pine needles each year does not put me off 🙂
2. What is your favourite film?
Ooh this is a tough one and as much as I tried I just couldn’t pick just one as it depends on what mood I’m in and I love them for different reasons so instead you get a top 5!
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Love Actually
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Singin in the Rain
- The Green Mile
- My Fair Lady
Dammit….that’s more than 5. See!!! There’s just too many…….if I HAD to pick just one though maybe The Shawshank Remption.
3. Have you been to see any musicals? If yes what is your favourite and if no, what would you like to watch?
Yes! I love a good musical. My favourite I have seen is probably Oliver which I saw in London years ago but I’ve also seen Sunset Boulevard, Cats, Grease and Wicked. It’s been far too long since we’ve seen a show but I’d still love to see Phantom, Miss Saigon, The Lion King and Les Mis to name but a few.
4. Heat wave or Snow storm?
A good snow storm. Although I love the summer I love wrapping up in winter and snuggling in the warm with the people you love when it’s cold outside. Plus the snow makes everything so beautiful.
5. What is your favourite food?
A good Sunday roast I think. Or anything Italian….think pizza, pasta, beautiful breads and olives. *getting hungry over here!*
6. If you could be a Disney Princess who would you be and why?
Oooh – I think Mulan as she’s smart, funny, a bit of an odd ball but ultimately kick ass and adores her family.
7. Favourite song right now?
I’ve been wracking my brains for this one to ‘find’ an answer and to be honest I just don’t have one. There’s loads of songs I like but none stand out to be a favourite just now.
8. What would you like to achieve this year?
Wow – that’s a tough one. I want to be more thoughtful and less wasteful. I feel like the past 18 months have been a bit of a whirlwind with having the bear, moving house and then finding our little family routine so this year I want to focus on making sure the people in our life feel loved and appreciated (more thoughtful). Then also it shocked me over the festive break how much we threw away – the bin men going on strike the first collection after Christmas will point that out to you! – so I want to use / up-cycle as much as possible throughout the year (less wasteful).
9. What’s your top tip… For anything?
To never go to sleep on an argument. Life is too short and that stuff festers and destroys.
10. What is your favourite drink? Soft or alcoholic?
Wine. Yep gotta be a lovely cold glass of white wine. Or Gin.
11. Night in or night out?
There’s a time and a place for everything but I think right now at this stage in my life it’s night in. That time when we put the bear to bed, all the jobs are done and we can snuggle up on the sofa together and watch a movie or similar. It’s the little pleasures in life 😉
NOW…. my nominees.
- Inside Out And About
- Noah and the Girls
- The Squirmy Popple
- Raising the Shakes
- She Writes Words
- Katy-Lou Blog
- Life with Two Pickles
- Loving My Finley
- Secrets of Mum (I am S-Mum)
- An Unexpected Housewife
- My Mama Journey
Now please please PLEASE do not be cross / angry / upset / annoyed if you are a small blog, you follow me and I did not nominate you. I only had 11 slots and nothing is in a particular order. Big big hugs – I love you all!
For those of you I did nominate I hope you take part 🙂 and I encourage everyone to head on over to each of them and take a look.
Now my questions for my nominees, should you wish to take part!
1. What is your favourite season and why?
2. What is your favourite book?
3. Favourite place you’ve visited and why?
4. Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
5. What is your biggest fear?
6. What is your favourite thing about yourself and why?
7. Given the choice, what holiday would you prefer – city break, beach or adventure holiday?
8. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? (C’mon, be honest!)
9. What was the first song you ever bought?
10. Have your learnt anything from blogging? If so what?
11. What is your favourite quote?
And that’s it!!
Thanks once again littlebunnyandbear – this was actually good fun even if it has been in draft to slowly work through for a while!!