One of my lovely mummy friends is due to get married next month and this weekend was her hen weekend in Manchester. I umm’d and ahhhh’d for a while about going at 7 months pregnant but then thought why not – life doesn’t end when you gain a bump. Yes it was a sober affair (for me) but still great fun.
Although I’m not involved in the wedding I wanted to contribute to the hen night in some way so I thought I would do some little favour boxes for everyone. Not everyone knows each other so I thought it would be a cute way to break the ice.
I ordered the boxes online at ‘The Party Box Shop’ and I can’t recommend them enough. Great quality, quick delivery, fabulous service and really reasonably priced.
The hen night survival kit as I dubbed the little boxes contained:
- Game Cards – a few games to start us talking all talking including ‘Who Am I’, ‘I Have Never’ and ‘Would You Rather’ games
- Party Poppers – to make sure the night goes with a bang!
- Shot glass – the hen has to collect all shot glasses by the end of the night and yep you guessed it…has to down the shot she was given in it.
- A Hen Peg – a drinking game where you need to get rid of your peg by pinning it on someone’s clothes unnoticed. If they notice, you have to down your drink, if they don’t notice they have to down theirs.
- Chocolates – to keep everyone energy up.
- Drinking Straw – so people don’t ruin their lipstick but in reality it’s a hen party and the straws are penis shaped….say no more!
- Eraser – the ‘erase’ kit for any mistakes anyone makes.
- Plasters – part of the ‘repair’ kit for the blisters on everyone’s feet.
- Paracetamol – part of the ‘recovery’ kit for everyone’s poorly head in the morning.
- Tea Bag – second part of the ‘recovery’ kit to have a drink on me in the morning
All set and ready to go!!
Friday – we arrived early evening and Friday night was a pretty tame affair with a few drinks in the room and then dinner out at a Brazilian restaurant….lush!
Saturday – the big day! Unfortunately I couldn’t do a huge amount but the rest of the hen party enjoyed some trampolining at Jump Nation during the day and then at night some cocktail making (or mocktail making in my case) followed by a meal and dancing.
There were a few hiccups but overall a great night and the hen boxes were a great hit to break the ice over dinner. However, I found out the hard way that a club is not the place for a 7 month pregnant woman……not only us gravity NOT your friend when trying to dance but also things just get a little rowdy once it gets late.
The good news though? I managed to last until midnight….go me!!