The Christmas Tag
I’m not usually one to get involved in tags. However, this Christmas tag came along from the wonderful Nadia from Scandimummy and Sarah from Mummy Cat Notes and seeing as I just LOVE Christmas, I thought why not!
1. Favourite Christmas Movie & Why? – it has to be Love Actually. I absolutely adore it. The scene with Andrew Lincoln and Keira Knightley is just…..urgh….amazing! And the bit with Emma Thompson listening to Joanie Mitchell just leaves in tears every time.
2. Top 3 Songs On Your Christmas Playlist? – Fairytale of New York is my all time festive favourite but there are so many other too. All I Want For Christmas Is You is of course a modern classic, and I will always have a soft spot for Last Christmas by Wham. Ertha Kitt’s Santa Baby is amazing and I just love when David Bowie and Bing Crosby did Little Drummer Boy. Finally I absolute love A Spaceman Came Travelling by Chris de Burgh.
Bugger, that’s more than 3 isn’t it??? Well, in short just name any Christmas song and you’ll probably have me singing along. I love ’em!
3. Favourite Christmas Tradition? – I love our new Christmas Eve tradition. When the Bear was born we started a Christmas Eve box. Nothing big; just new pyjamas for everyone, a festive film to watch together with a few treats and then a Chiristmas themed book to read at bedtime. We carried it on (this is our 3rd year), and sitting down together in our fresh pj’s watching a film before bed has beome one of my favourite things to do.
4. What Is On Your Christmas Bucket List? – a white Christmas one year would be amazing!! Other than that, it’s just for everyone to be happy and spend the day together.
5. Buddy The Elf or Ebenezer Scrooge? I’m a complete elf!! I adore Christmas and love everything about it.
6. Best Thing About Being A Parent At Christmas (alternative if not a parent; Favourite Thing About Christmas For You? This is the Bears first year where she really ‘gets’ it. It’s amazing to see, and her excitement is infectious. She knows who Father Christmas is and knows she has to be good so he brings her a new pink bike (which seat for her baby – very important aspect apparantly!). Listening to her babble on all about it is amazing, and I can’t wait for Henry to do the same next year.
7. What Is One Present You Asked For As A Child, But Never Received? – I can’t remember ever specifically asking for anything to be honest. I’m sure I did but nothing really sticks out. The things I remember about Christmas is the family coming together and it being very noisy!!
8. Do You Have Any Christmas Eve Traditions? – we certainly do. See above for my favourite Christmas tradition.
9. Which Festive Beverage Tickles Your Tinsel? – I love a good festive Costa coffee, mainly for the amazing take out cups they do every year. I also love a gin and tonic at Christmas and you can usually find me with a glass of wine or some bubbles on the go. It is Christmas afterall…..
10. Best Present You Ever Received? – I think it was a special ‘Mummy’ bauble from the Bear the Christmas before last. Everyone still has their baby’s first Christmas bauble on the tree – including my husband who inherited his from his mum a few years ago – so I was the only one without one. Now I have my very own though and I love it.
11. Sprouts on Christmas Dinner? Yay Or Nay? – I hate them but it just has to be done. My husband loves it as it’s the one time of year that I’ll cook them.
12. What Is Your Ideal Christmas? – a late wake up (perhaps 7am) and a lazy morning in our pj’s opening presents. I start dinner while the kids play with their toys and it begins to snow (remember that white Christmas mentioned above?). Plenty of fun outdoors before everyone comes in to warm up and eat their Christmas dinner. Afterwards we relax in the living room with Christmas TV in the background while we play with all our Christmas goodies and maybe take a walk (if we feel up to it!).
Great food, a few drinks and great company with my family is my idea of a perfect Christmas.
And that’s it! A big thank you to Nadia and Sarah for tagging me and in return I tag everyone who would like a little Christmas Eve fun. Tell us all about your Christmas favourites.
And that’s it for Christmas – Merry Christmas to all of you from all of mine.
You can take my white Christmas! We broke records this year for the most snow on record. The only good thing about it is that I haven’t had to go to work the last 2 days because the roads are too bad to drive on! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Great Tag, i love your answers.
Sarah Campbell says
I adore Love Actually!!
This was a great tag! I love that you choose elf
Love fairytale in New York is my favourite too xxx
I remember the year my oldest understood Christmas, it was just so magical! great answers xx
Norma | Flavour with Flair says
Love Actually is a fantastic movie! Love it!
I think I’ve heard the David Bowie & Bing Crosby “Little Drummer Boy” you mention, but I’m not sure about your #1 favorite!
Britt K says
Aww I love reading about your ‘Mummy’ bauble!
Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca
Ashleigh Williams says
I’m definitely Buddy the Elf too, I love all things Christmas! 🙂