The reality of motherhood
- It’s gone 6:15am and this little man has finally fallen back to sleep after being up since 4am (3rd wake up)
- I still have bags under my eyes even though they’re closed as I’ve not had more than 3 hours sleep a night since he was born 4 weeks ago.
- Puffy face and blotchy skin due to sleep deprivation.
- Lank hair as it’s done nothing but be pulled back into a ponytail for weeks. It is clean though – thank goodness for small luxuries!
- Nursing bra on show as nothing is big enough to cover these enormous over the shoulder boulder holders!
- You can’t see it but there’s also puke on my shoulder.
Do you know what though? I wouldn’t change it for the world. Now please excuse me as I attempt the perilous transition from mama’s arms to crib, because I want to sleep too!